The Wellington Tennis camp offers top-flight instruction emphasizing tennis fundamentals and swing technique as well as drills and tennis games to ensure a good mixture of learning and fun. This particular camp is geared towards developing beginner and intermediate players. Campers are grouped by age and ability and each level works at a pace commensurate with their needs. Bring a racket, sunscreen and filled a water bottle for a great day of fun and tennis. Wilson tennis will provide t-shirts and prizes for all campers.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE CAMP INCLUDE
- Small instructional groups to ensure individual attention
- Comprehensive instructional program with daily teaching progressions
- Camp T-Shirt and prizes for all campers
- Safety prioritized on and off court
No Notes at this time.
3650 Reed Rd
Columbus, OH 43220
United States of America
SHARE THIS CAMP
Session I: July 23-27, 2018
- Full Day – $180 per week
Our traditional tennis camps (non match-play or college prep) are designed to focus on the fundamentals and swing techniques of the modern tennis strokes. Some of the areas of focus for each level include:
– Beginners: The beginning level player will be introduced to the basics of the game. Emphasis will be placed on stroke production and the technical aspects of the swing in an effort to teach these young players sound fundamentals from the ground up.
– Intermediate: Intermediate level players will also focus on fundamental stroke production (to ensure proper technique), but will also be in put into game play situations to introduce these players to the competitive side of the game.
- Full Day Option:
- – Monday – Friday 9:00am – 12:00pm
- No meals provided
- Full Day campers will check in daily at 8:50am.
- Full day campers will check out at 12:00pm daily.
Airport transportation is available upon request for those flying into camp. The closest airport is the John Glenn Columbus International Airport (13.3 miles from campus). To arrange for a pickup, please email prior to making flight arrangements.
– Pay Balance
– Fill out Camp Waiver
– Print out and complete Medical Form
– Review Pertinent Information Email
– Review FAQ’s on this page
– Review Packing List
– Tennis Shoes
– Sun Screen
– Hat / Visor
– Water bottle
– Snack (if desired)
MEET YOUR COACHES
Asst. Men’s Tennis Coach
The Ohio State University
The director of the The Wilson Collegiate Tennis Camp is Ohio State coach, David Schilling. Schilling is in his 18th year at OSU and during this time the program has achieved unparalleled success, including a 2014 ITA National Indoor Championship and the 2009 NCAA National Championship l Team Runner-up.
During his collegiate coaching career, Schilling has helped develop 8 National Champions, 33 All-Americans, 59 NCAA national qualifiers and 74 All-Conference Selections. He has Kenyon College’s all-time winningest coach during his time there and has won conference championships at every school he has coached.
Coach Schilling was named ITA Midwest Assistant Coach of the Year at OSU and NCAC Coach of the Year at Kenyon.
- 15 Conference Championships
- 1 ITA National Indoor Championship
- 29 NCAA Nationally Ranked teams
- 8 National Champions
- 34 All Americans
- 61 National Qualifiers
- 77 All Conference Selections
Schilling graduated from Denison with a bachelor’s degree in economics. He then received his master’s degree in sports management from Ohio State.
HEAD WOMEN’S TENNIS COACH
Jamie Scott enters her first year as the head women’s tennis coach at Denison and her fourth year at Denison University. She spent her first three years in Granville as the assistant men’s and women’s tennis coach.
At Denison, Scott has helped the women’s program to record of 39-28 highlighted by a North Coast Athletic Conference championship in 2016 and a runner-up finish in 2015. Last season, sophomore Lauren Hawley was named the NCAC Player of the Year. The men’s team has posted a record of 34-28 since 2015. In 2016, they placed second in the NCAC. That same season, Kevin Brown was named the conference’s Newcomer of the Year.
Scott brings a wealth of Division I experience to the Big Red tennis program after spending five years as a player and coach. Most recently, she served as assistant men’s and women’s tennis coach at Colgate University. While with the Raiders, Scott helped the men’s team post a 10-9 record, including big wins over Navy and Bucknell. The women’s team posted a 8-11 rec-ord last season and reached the quarterfinals of the Patriot League Tournament.
Scott competed collegiately at the University of Wyoming from 2005 to 2009. During her time in Laramie, Wyoming, the Cowgirls reached the Mountain West Conference Tournament Quarterfinals all four years.
The coaching staff of the Wilson Collegiate Tennis Camp at Wellington School is one of the strongest and most well respected in the country. Consisting of top collegiate coaches and players, the staff is handpicked for their ability to teach and re-late to young players in a friendly, thorough and responsible manner.