Overnight camp with Commuter & Day camp options
The Wilson Collegiate Tennis Camp at Miami University is the perfect preparation for young players who are looking to get more involved with playing tennis. Each camper receives personal attention, advanced teaching techniques, intensive drill work and game / match play, all in a fun and competitive environment.
During our traditional camp we break the campers into small instructional groups of similar age and ability so each child is working in a group that is commensurate with their experience level. We tailor each program to the level of the players. Beginners would get a heavier dose of swing technique and fundamentals, while more advanced players would have more focus on strategy, point building and percentage tennis etc.
Wilson Collegiate Tennis Camps are the premier camps for young players who strive to learn the game, improve their skills and/or participate in middle school, high school, USTA team tennis or tournaments.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE CAMP INCLUDE
- Small instructional groups to ensure individual attention
- Comprehensive instructional program with daily teaching progressions
- Camp T-Shirt and prizes for all campers
- Safety prioritized on and off court
- Camp demo program that includes all the latest Wilson rackets
501 E High St,
Oxford, OH 45056
- No Notes available at this time
– Session I: July 21-25, 2019
- – Overnight: $710 per week
- – Commuter: $610 per week
- – Full Day: $510 per week
Our traditional tennis camps (non match-play or college prep) are designed to focus on the fundamentals and swing techniques of the modern tennis strokes. Some of the areas of focus for each level include:
– Beginners: The beginning level player will be introduced to the basics of the game. Emphasis will be placed on stroke production and the technical aspects of the swing in an effort to teach these young players sound fundamentals from the ground up.
– Intermediate: Intermediate level players will also focus on fundamental stroke production (to ensure proper technique), but will also be in put into game play situations to introduce these players to the competitive side of the game.
– Advanced: The more advanced players will work with stroke production in a competitive environment, but will also be introduced to the basic strategies of the game.
– High School / Tournament: Varsity high school and tournament players will focus on the strategic and competitive aspects of the game. Although there will be attention spent on the stroke fundamentals, more emphasis will be placed on point progression, court positioning, patterns and sequences, percentage plays and live ball drill work.
- Overnight Option:
- – Sunday 1pm – Thursday 4pm
- Commuter Option:
- – Sunday 1pm – 10pm
- – Monday – Wed 9am – 10pm
- – Thursday 9am – 4pm
- Full Day:
- – Sunday 1pm – Thursday 4pm
- – Monday – Wed 9am – 4pm
- – Thursday 9am – 4pm
- All meals from Sunday dinner – Thursday lunch
- All lunches and dinners from Sunday dinner to Thursday lunch.
- Lunch provided Monday-Thursday
- All campers check-in Sunday between 1:00 – 2:00 pm.
- Commuter & Full Day campers will check in Monday – Wednesday at 8:45am
- Overnight campers will check out at 4:00pm on Thursday
- Commuter campers will check out at 10:00pm Sunday – Wednesday and at 4:00pn on Thursday
- Full day campers will check out at 4:00pm daily
– Supplmental Medical Waivers form can be found HERE
The Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky and Dayton International Airports are the two major facilities located within the shortest distance to Oxford (approximately one hour). To arrange for a pickup, please email prior to making flight arrangements. The best times for arrival are Sundays before noon and departures Thursday after 6:00 pm.
– Pay Balance
– Fill out Camp Waiver
– Print out and complete Medical Form
– Review Pertinent Information Email
– Review FAQ’s on this page
– Review Packing List
– Tennis Shoes
– Water Bottle
– Tennis Clothes
– Casual Clothes
– Bath Towel
– Shower Towel
– Sun Screen
– Bedding (check pert info email for bed size)
– Snack Food
– Spending Money (no $ is needed, but sometimes kids like to order pizza, t-shirts, vending etc.)
– Tennis Shoes
– Sun Screen
– Hat / Visor
– Water bottle
– Snack (if desired)
The balance for each week of camp is due the first day of the month of the camp session. That is, all June camps have a balance due date of June 1st and all July camps have a balance due date of July 1st. Your camp balance can be paid online or a check can be mailed to Premier Sports Camps, 4885 Shackelford Ct. Columbus, OH 43220.
Per NCAA rules, our sports camps are open to all entrants. Enrollment is limited only by age, grade level, gender, and capacity restrictions as specified by each camp.
MEET YOUR COACHES
HEAD WOMEN’S TENNIS COACH
Ricky Rosas was named Miami’s head tennis coach on May 25, 2017 and has been a fixture around the RedHawk program, having spent the past 15 seasons as an assistant coach. Since 2013, he has been the program’s Associate Head Coach. In addition, Rosas has two tenures as Interim Head Coach, including in 2010 when he was named Mid-American Conference Coach of the Year. He also served in similar capacity at the end of the 2006-07 campaign.
During his time at Miami, Rosas helped guide the program to eight-straight MAC regular-season titles (2009-16), five MAC Tournament titles and five NCAA Tournament appearances (2009, 2010, 2013, 2014 and 2015). The RedHawks have tallied a 214-140 overall record during his 15 seasons, including an impressive 100-23 MAC mark.
Rosas brings an impressive tennis background and strong experience as an international competitor. As a junior player, Rosas was one of Mexico’s finest, ranking No. 26 in singles and No. 12 in doubles in the ITF World Rankings.
In 1993-94, he participated in the U.S. Open, French Open and Wimbledon as an 18-year old. Following his junior career, he went on to play four years on the ATP Tour (1994 to 1997), reaching career-best rankings of No. 574 in singles and No. 375 in doubles.
His international experience also includes representing Mexico in several events, including the 1994 Davis Cup. After his playing career ended, Rosas spent one year at the Gary Kesl Ten-nis Academy in Deerfield, Fla.
The coaching staff of the Wilson Collegiate Tennis Camp at Miami University is one of the strongest and most well respected in the country. Consisting of top colle-giate coaches and players, the staff is handpicked for their ability to teach and re-late to young players in a friendly, thorough and responsible manner.
The following schedules are sample schedules of our camps. These are provided to give a rough idea of how each camp is programmed throughout the day.
TRADITIONAL WEEKS – DAILY SCHEDULE:
7:00 a.m – 8:00 a.m
Wake up / Breakfast
9:00 a.m -11:30 a.m
Morning Session: (Warm up / Stroke Production / Video Tape /Drills / Olympics
11:30 a.m – 2:00 p.m
Lunch , Video Tape Sessions & Free Time in the dorms
2:00 p.m – 4:00 p.m
Afternoon Session: ( Stroke Production / Drills / Doubles tourney / Competitions )
4:00 p.m – 5:00 p.m
Swimming / Recreational Activities
5:00 p.m – 6:15 p.m
Dinner / Free time in the dorms
6:15 p.m – 8:00 p.m
Evening Session: (Private Lessons, Drills, Team Play / Games)
8:00 p.m – 10:30 p.m
Social Activities: (Pizza / Ice Cream Social / Movie Night / Casino Night / Game Room Night / Talent Show
Miami Tennis Courts
The new home for Miami University women’s tennis, the Miami Tennis Courts opened during the RedHawks’ 2017 season and features amenities that are the envy of the Mid-American Conference. The new courts have a Hardcourt Decoturf Surface, which has been used at the US Open, the Olympics, the NCAA Championships and the Lindner Tennis Center in Mason, Ohio, home of the Western Southern Open Professional Championships.
A total of eight courts are available for the Red & White, six for competition purposes along with two additional practice courts. The location features a Daktronics remote scoreboard for fans to keep track of the scoring on each court, Musco Sports lighting, a state of the art sound system, a landscaped tailgate area and easy access parking adjacent to Yager Stadium.