UNIV. OF NORTH CAROLINA
Day Camp With Half Day Option
The tennis camps in Charlotte are specifically designed to cater to the needs of all campers, no matter their age or level. Divided into small groups, campers will work on enhancing their skills through repetition, ball feeding drills and live ball situations.
Each camper receives personal attention, advanced teaching techniques, intensive drill work and game / match play, all in a fun and competitive environment. Wilson Collegiate Tennis Camps are the premier camps for young players who strive to learn the game, improve their skills and/or participate in middle school, high school, USTA team tennis or tournaments.
The Wilson Collegiate Tennis Camp at UNC Charlotte is hosted on the beautiful Halton Wagner Tennis complex, giving campers access to one of the best facilities in the nation.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE CAMP INCLUDE
- 5.5 – 6 hours of tennis each day
- Camp demo program that includes all the latest Wilson rackets
- Top flight teaching staff and facilities
- Small instructional groups to guarantee individual attention
- Great Wilson prizes and raffle for all campers
No notes at this time
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA – CHARLOTTE
9201 University City Blvd,
Charlotte, NC 28223-0001
United States of America
SHARE THIS CAMP
Session I: June 11-15, 2018
Session II: June 18-22, 2018
Session III: June 25- 29, 2018
- Full Day: $405 per week
- Half Day: $215 per week
Discounts are available for campers attending multiple weeks of camp. The rates for campers signing 2 weeks or more are as follows:
- Full Day: $25 off per week
- Half Day: $15 off per week
Our traditional tennis camps (non match-play or college prep) are designed to focus on the fundamentals and swing techniques of the modern tennis strokes. Some of the areas of focus for each level include:
– Beginners: The beginning level player will be introduced to the basics of the game. Emphasis will be placed on stroke production and the technical aspects of the swing in an effort to teach these young players sound fundamentals from the ground up.
– Intermediate: Intermediate level players will also focus on fundamental stroke production (to ensure proper technique), but will also be in put into game play situations to introduce these players to the competitive side of the game.
– Advanced: The more advanced players will work with stroke production in a competitive environment, but will also be introduced to the basic strategies of the game.
– High School / Tournament: Varsity high school and tournament players will focus on the strategic and competitive aspects of the game. Although there will be attention spent on the stroke fundamentals, more emphasis will be placed on point progression, court positioning, patterns and sequences, percentage plays and live ball drill work.
- Full Day Option:
- – 9:00 am – 3:30 pm daily
- Half Day Option:
- – 9:00 am – Noon daily
- Lunch is provided for all Full day campers Monday – Friday
- No meals for half day campers
- Check-in is between 8:45 am – 9:00 am each day
- Check-out for full day campers is at 3:30 pm each day
- Check-out for half day campers is at 12:00 pm each day
Airport transportation is available upon request for those flying into camp. The closest major airport to Charlotte, North Carolina is Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT / KCLT). This airport is 8 miles from the center of Charlotte, NC. To arrange for a pickup, please email prior to making flight arrangements.
The balance for each week of camp is due the first day of the month of the camp session. That is, all June camps have a balance due date of June 1st and all July camps have a balance due date of July 1st. Your camp balance can be paid online HERE or a check can be mailed to Premier Sports Camps, 4885 Shackelford Ct. Columbus, OH 43220.
– Pay Balance
– Fill out Camp Waiver
– Print out and complete Medical Form
– Review Pertinent Information Email
– Review FAQ’s on this page
– Review Packing List
– Tennis Shoes
– Sun Screen
– Hat / Visor
– Water bottle
– Snack (if desired)
Per NCAA rules, our sports camps are open to all entrants. Enrollment is limited only by age, grade level, gender, and capacity restrictions as specified by each camp.
MEET YOUR COACHES
HEAD MEN’S TENNIS COACH
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA CHARLOTTE
Jeremy Feldman became the 18th head coach in the Charlotte 49ers men’s tennis program’s history, June 21, 2016. Feldman has been as an assistant coach at Wake Forest for the last two seasons.
Feldman has spent the past two seasons as an assistant coach at nationally-ranked Wake Forest. In 2015, Feldman was named the Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) Carolina Region Assistant Coach of the Year. He played an integral role in helping Wake Forest capture the 2016 ACC Tournament title, which is the first conference championship in the program’s history. He played a major role in helping Wake Forest rank among the Top 10 in the nation in attendance in 2015, by helping institute several marketing strategies. Feldman’s duties at Wake Forest were on court coaching, player conditioning, recruiting, budgeting, scheduling and managing the team’s social media outlets.
Prior to Wake Forest, he spent the 2013-14 season as an assistant coach at the University of Denver. In spring of 2014, Denver climbed to 52nd in the ITA national rankings. He also played a big role in the marketing of the Denver men’s tennis program which led to an increase in fan attendance from the 2013 season.
Before his coaching career, Feldman enjoyed a stellar four-year playing career at Cornell University from 2007-11. In 2008, he was named Ivy League Rookie of the Year after recording an undefeated singles conference record. He earned All-Ivy league doubles honors in each of the last three seasons including a 2010 first-team All-Ivy league doubles selection.
The Armonk, New York native graduated from Cornell in 2011 with a Bachelor’s degree in Economics. Feldman married Elsa Gillis, who is a reporter for WSOC in Charlotte, Saturday, June 25th, 2016.
The coaching staff of the Wilson Collegiate Tennis Camp at the University of North Carolina Charlotte is one of the strongest and most well respected in the country. Consisting of top collegiate coaches and players, the staff is handpicked for their ability to teach and relate to young players in a friendly, thorough and responsible manner.
The following schedules are sample schedules of our camps. These are provided to give a rough idea of how each camp is programmed throughout the day.
TRADITIONAL WEEKS – DAILY SCHEDULE:
8:45 a.m – 9:00 a.m
Camp Check In
9:00 a.m – 9:15 a.m
Introduce Camp staff and go over rules, sportsmanship, etiquette and safety
9:15 a.m – 11:00 a.m
Morning tennis instruction/ drills
11:00 a.m – 11:15 a.m
Break – tennis talk
11:15 a.m – 12:00 p.m
Tennis instruction/ drills – ll
12:00 p.m – 1:00 p.m
Lunch break, rest, recreational activities
1:00 p.m – 2:30 p.m
Match Play/ Skills testing and Competition sessions
2:30 p.m – 3:30 p.m
Review, Olympics, Games
Pick up for full day campers
Halton-Wagner Tennis Complex
Opened in 2012, the Halton-Wagner Tennis Complex is one of the nicest in the southeast. A breathtaking 12,477 square foot facility includes coaches offices, a conference room, a player/team lounge and the Mens and Womens team locker rooms. The facility is named in honor of Dale Halton and Fred Wagner and their generous support of the 49ers tennis program.
The Penny Brawley Womens Tennis Office Suite is named in honor of Penny Brawley, the 49ers all-time winningest coach, whose career spanned four decades. The Jim Boykin Men’s Tennis Office Suite is named for the all-time winningest men’s coach, who led Charlotte to its first NCAA Tournament appearance in 2007.
The complex sits at the corner of Cameron Blvd. and Phillips Road, on campus, and includes a pair of scoreboards with wireless scoring capabilities opposite the 246 stadium seats. Statues of both a men’s and women’s tennis player, donated by Carol and Irwin Belk, adorn the entrance to the facility’s breezeway which leads directly into the stadium.