Filled camps, packed schedules, and young players experiencing injuries as they grow are just a few of the reasons camp insurance can bring peace of mind to a family’s summer plans.
A summer camp, whether it be sports, science, travel, or others, can be quite an investment. Costs ranging in the low hundreds of dollars to the mid thousands, summer fun and learning can require financial saving and planning. Hosting camps requires a financial investment as well. Facilities & locations require deposits, guarantees, headcounts, and more as the lead into the summer schedule. Staff is hired and equipment purchased. All of this results in camps requiring deposits and early payments. These deposits/payments are in investment in your child’s summer.
Purchasing camp insurance can help protect your investment, and the insurance works much like it does in the travel industry. For a nominal fee, policies are in place to help protect those families and campers in the event of injury, change of plans and conflicts of schedules. There are a variety of different types of insurance, and the policies can vary quite a bit.
Before signing up for a camp, it is essential that you review the camp policies for cancellation or requested date changes. These policies vary greatly and are necessary for the reasons mentioned above and are in place to protect the camp, the enrollees, and the host institutions. They also help to ensure that the camp goes on without a hitch.
For The Wilson Collegiate Tennis Camps our camp policies towards cancellation are as follows:
Please read carefully. We encourage all our families to purchase camp insurance for peace of mind in the event of camper cancellation.
- More than 14 days before the start of camp: If you have to cancel, for any reason, we will issue you a camp credit for all camp fees paid, valid through the current camp year. This credit can be used on any Wilson Collegiate Camp and is only applicable toward the student enrolled and cannot be transferred to any other party or person, family member or otherwise.
- Less than 14 days before the start of camp: If you have to cancel, for any reason less than 14 days before the start of camp, a credit will be issued for all camp fees paid, less the $200 camp deposit and the registration fee, valid through the current camp year. This voucher can be used on any Wilson Collegiate Camp and is only applicable toward the student enrolled and cannot be transferred to any other party or person, family member or otherwise.
- Once camp begins: No refunds or camp Credit will be issued once the camper has checked into camp and the camp has begun. In the event of an injury during camp and documented by both the camp director and with a note from your family doctor, we will issue a pro-rated credit for those days missed valid through this camp year. This credit can be used on any Wilson Collegiate Camp and is only applicable toward the student enrolled and cannot be transferred to any other party or person, family member or otherwise.
With camp insurance, you are purchasing peace fo mind. Here are the advantages of the insurance purchase.
The cost of Cancellation Protection for $50 per session, due at the time of registration. Cancellation Protection entitles you to a full cash refund of your camp tuition fees paid to date (Please note: the $50 Cancellation Insurance Fee & registration fee are non-refundable.) if you cancel for any reason before 14 days from the start of camp. If the cancellation occurs 14 days or less, a camp credit will be issued for all monies paid through the following year.
HIGHLIGHTS OF CANCELLATION INSURANCE: – COST $50
- Cash Refunds for all monies paid (14 days out or more)
- Extend camp credits (less than 14 days out) by 1 full year.
- Pro rated credit for early camp departure in the case of injury.
POLICIES WITH INSURANCE
- More than 14 days before the start of camp: Full Refund of all monies paid (less the $50 Insurance fee and the registration fee).
- Less than 14 days before the start of camp: Camp credit for all camp fees paid (less the $50 Insurance fee and the registration fee) valid through the following camp summer.
- Once Camp Begins: In the event of injury (must be documented with a note from your doctor), a pro-rated credit will be issued for any Wilson Collegiate Tennis Camp through the following year. A pro-rated credit will be issued for any Wilson Collegiate Tennis Camp through the following year.
As you can see, this insurance can often be a nominal fee on top of significant investment and can provide your family with peace of mind and security in the event of changing circumstances. For a list of our full camp policies – please visit our Policy page