The Wilson Collegiate Tennis Camp at Manhasset is the perfect preparation for young players who are looking to get more involved with playing tennis. Each camper receives personal attention, advanced teaching techniques, intensive drill work and game / match play, all in a fun and competitive environment.
The tennis camps at Manhasset are specifically designed to cater to the needs of all campers, no matter their age or level. Divided into small groups, campers will work on enhancing their skills through repetition, ball feeding drills and live ball situations.
Each camper receives personal attention, advanced teaching techniques, intensive drill work and game / match play, all in a fun and competitive environment.
Wilson Collegiate Tennis Camps are the premier camps for young players who strive to learn the game, improve their skills and/or participate in middle school, high school, USTA team tennis or tournaments.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE CAMP INCLUDE
- Small instructional groups to ensure individual attention
- Comprehensive instructional program with daily teaching progressions
- Camp T-Shirt and prizes for all campers
- Safety prioritized on and off court
- Camp demo program that includes all the latest Wilson rackets
No notes at this time.
Long Island – MANHASSET
200 Long Island Expy
Manhasset, NY 11030
United States of America
SHARE THIS CAMP
Session I: June 25-29, 2018
Session II: July 2-6, 2018
Session III: July 9-13, 2018
Session IV: July 16-20, 2018
Session V: July 23-27, 2018
Session VI: July 30-August 3, 2018
Session VII: August 6-10, 2018
Session VIII: August 13-17, 2018
Session IX: August 20 – 24, 2018
Session X: August 27-31, 2018
- Full Day – $450 per week
- 1Day – $360 off
- 2Day – $270 off
- 3Day – $180 off
- 4Day – $90 off
** Please indicate which days you will be attending in the Other information area.
Our traditional tennis camps (non match-play or college prep) are designed to focus on the fundamentals and swing techniques of the modern tennis strokes. Some of the areas of focus for each level include:
– Beginners: The beginning level player will be introduced to the basics of the game. Emphasis will be placed on stroke production and the technical aspects of the swing in an effort to teach these young players sound fundamentals from the ground up.
– Intermediate: Intermediate level players will also focus on fundamental stroke production (to ensure proper technique), but will also be in put into game play situations to introduce these players to the competitive side of the game.
– Advanced: The more advanced players will work with stroke production in a competitive environment, but will also be introduced to the basic strategies of the game.
– High School / Tournament: Varsity high school and tournament players will focus on the strategic and competitive aspects of the game. Although there will be attention spent on the stroke fundamentals, more emphasis will be placed on point progression, court positioning, patterns and sequences, percentage plays and live ball drill work.
- Full Day Option:
- – Monday – Friday 10:30am – 1:30pm
- Full Day – Lunch provided Monday-Friday
- Full Day campers will check in daily at 9:30am.
- Full day campers will check out at 4:00pm daily.
Airport transportation is available upon request for those flying into camp. The closest airport(s) are the Akron Canton (CAK) Airport (28 miles from campus) and Cleveland Hopkins Airport (48 miles from campus). To arrange for a pickup, please email prior to making flight arrangements. The best times for arrival are Sundays before noon and departures Thursday after 6:00 pm.
– Pay Balance
– Fill out Camp Waiver
– Print out and complete Medical Form
– Review Pertinent Information Email
– Review FAQ’s on this page
– Review Packing List
– Tennis Shoes
– Sun Screen
– Hat / Visor
– Water bottle
– Snack (if desired)
The balance for each week of camp is due the first day of the month of the camp session. That is, all June camps have a balance due date of June 1st and all July camps have a balance due date of July 1st. Your camp balance can be paid online or a check can be mailed to Premier Sports Camps, 4885 Shackelford Ct. Columbus, OH 43220.
Per NCAA rules, our sports camps are open to all entrants. Enrollment is limited only by age, grade level, gender, and capacity restrictions as specified by each camp.
MEET YOUR COACHES
Long Island University – Post
Darrel Bielawski is in his ninth season as the head tennis professional at North Hills Country Club in Manhasset, NY. There he oversees the entire club’s program including the junior after school spring and fall sessions, junior summer camp, ladies teams’ practices and matches, and all of the adult championships, socials, charity outings, and events.
In 2014-2015 Bielawski also coached the Long Island University – Post women’s tennis team. He helped lead the Pioneers back to competitive status compiling a 4-3 record in league play and a loss in the semi finals of the East Coast Conference Championship. He helped recruit junior, Didi Fatchikova, and coach her to a 9-2 record at the #1 singles position, which earned her a spot on the All-East Coast Conference First Team.
Prior to starting his director and coaching career in Long Island and Queens, NY Bielawski played competitively against the likes of the Bryan brothers, Andy Roddick, and Justin Gimelstob. He also played for the Division I men’s tennis team at Marist College. He takes pride in working with players of all skill levels and ages from kids picking up racquets for their first time, juniors with aspirations of playing in college, to recreational juniors and adults. He sees himself as a student of the game and wants to pass on his love for the sport on to as many people as he can.
The coaching staff of the Wilson Collegiate Tennis Camp at Long Island Manhasset is one of the strongest and most well respected in the country. Consisting of top collegiate coaches and players, the staff is handpicked for their ability to teach and relate to young players in a friendly, thorough and responsible manner.
The following schedules are sample schedules of our camps. These are provided to give a rough idea of how each camp is programmed throughout the day.
DAILY SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday
10:30am – 1:30pm
Daily Activities Include:
Meet the Campers
Group Games and Fitness
Age/Level Appropriate Games
Optional Swim (swim NOT available on Monday)