LONG ISLAND UNIVERSITY – POST
Day Camp Option
The Wilson Collegiate Tennis Camp at LIU Post is the perfect preparation for young players who are looking to get more involved with playing tennis. Each camper receives personal attention, advanced teaching techniques, intensive drill work and game/match play, all in a fun and competitive environment.
The tennis camps at LIU are specifically designed to cater to the needs of all campers, no matter their age or level. Divided into small groups, campers will work on enhancing their skills through repetition, ball feeding drills, and live ball situations.
Each camper receives personal attention, advanced teaching techniques, intensive drill work and game/match play, all in a fun and competitive environment.
Wilson Collegiate Tennis Camps are the premier camps for young players who strive to learn the game, improve their skills and/or participate in middle school, high school, USTA team tennis or tournaments.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE CAMP INCLUDE
- Small instructional groups to ensure individual attention
- Comprehensive instructional program with daily teaching progressions
- Camp T-Shirt and prizes for all campers
- Safety prioritized on and off court
- Camp demo program that includes all the latest Wilson rackets
No notes at this time.
LONG ISLAND UNIVERSITY – POST
720 Northern Blvd
Brookville, NY 11548
United States of America
SHARE THIS CAMP
Session I: June 25-29, 2018
Session II: July 9-13, 2018
Session III: July 16-20, 2018
Session IV: July 23-27, 2018
Session V: July 30-August 3, 2018
Session VI: August 13-17, 2018
Session VII: August 20-24, 2018
- Full Day – $595 per week
Our traditional tennis camps (non match-play or college prep) are designed to focus on the fundamentals and swing techniques of the modern tennis strokes. Some of the areas of focus for each level include:
– Beginners: The beginning level player will be introduced to the basics of the game. Emphasis will be placed on stroke production and the technical aspects of the swing in an effort to teach these young players sound fundamentals from the ground up.
– Intermediate: Intermediate level players will also focus on fundamental stroke production (to ensure proper technique), but will also be in put into game play situations to introduce these players to the competitive side of the game.
– Advanced: The more advanced players will work with stroke production in a competitive environment, but will also be introduced to the basic strategies of the game.
– High School / Tournament: Varsity high school and tournament players will focus on the strategic and competitive aspects of the game. Although there will be attention spent on the stroke fundamentals, more emphasis will be placed on point progression, court positioning, patterns and sequences, percentage plays and live ball drill work.
- Full Day:
- – Full Day campers 9:30am – 4:00pm daily.
- Full Day: Lunch provided Monday-Friday
- Full Day campers will check in daily at 9:30am.
- Full day campers will check out at 4:00pm daily.
Nearest airports to LIU Post are John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), (40 minutes from LIU Post); LaGuardia Airport (LGA), (35 minutes from LIU Post); and Islip-MacArthur, (ISP) (50 minutes from LIU Post). To arrange for a pickup, please email prior to making flight arrangements. The best times for arrival are Sundays before noon and departures Thursday after 6:00 pm.
– Pay Balance
– Fill out Camp Waiver
– Print out and complete Medical Form
– Review Pertinent Information Email
– Review FAQ’s on this page
– Review Packing List
– Tennis Shoes
– Water Bottle
– Tennis Clothes
– Casual Clothes
– Bath Towel
– Shower Towel
– Sun Screen
– Bedding (check pert info email for bed size)
– Snack Food
– Spending Money (no $ is needed, but sometimes kids like to order pizza, t-shirts, vending etc.)
– Tennis Shoes
– Sun Screen
– Hat / Visor
– Water bottle
– Snack (if desired)
The balance for each week of camp is due the first day of the month of the camp session. That is, all June camps have a balance due date of June 1st and all July camps have a balance due date of July 1st. Your camp balance can be paid online or a check can be mailed to Premier Sports Camps, 4885 Shackelford Ct. Columbus, OH 43220.
Per NCAA rules, our sports camps are open to all entrants. Enrollment is limited only by age, grade level, gender, and capacity restrictions as specified by each camp.
MEET YOUR COACHES
HEAD WOMEN’S TENNIS COACH
Long Island University – Post
Walter Giacometti is in his third season as the head coach of the Pioneers’ women’s tennis program in 2016-17.
In his first year at the helm, Giacometti led the Pioneers to their third-consecutive East Coast Conference Championship appearance, after compiling a 4-3 record in league play. He mentored Shanice Arthur, who posted an impressive 9-2 record in singles play and a 7-5 clip in doubles as a freshman, to ECC Rookie of the Year honors
Prior to becoming head coach at LIU Post, Giacometti spent one season as an assistant men’s and women’s tennis coach at Adelphi University. In that capacity, he helped to run prac-tices, oversaw recruitment from foreign countries and assisted with scheduling and compli-ance.
For the past four years, Giacometti has directed his own junior program at several after-school initiatives throughout the New York City area. This past summer, he served as camp di-rector of the Tiger Tennis & Swim Day Camp at LIU Post.
Giacometti received his bachelor’s degree in Accounting from St. John’s University in 1986. He was a four-year competitor for the Red Storm’s men’s tennis program and played for long-time SJU head coach George Seewagen.
The coaching staff of the Wilson Collegiate Tennis Camp at LIU – Post is one of the strongest and most well respected in the country. Consisting of top collegiate coaches and players, the staff is handpicked for their ability to teach and relate to young players in a friendly, thorough and responsible manner.
The following schedules are sample schedules of our camps. These are provided to give a rough idea of how each camp is programmed throughout the day.
9:30am – 11:30am
Warm up, group activities, coordination exercises, tennis instruction and games.
11:30am – 12:30pm
Free swim supervised by a certified lifeguard.
12:30pm – 2:00pm
Lunch served in the LIU Post Cafeteria and supervised free play on the tennis courts or adjacent fields.
2:00pm – 4:00pm
Match play, point and strategy development, team competitions.