Overnight Camp with Commuter and Full Day Options
During the camp at Kenyon College, campers will be given the opportunity to compete in both a team and individual environment in singles and doubles match play. All campers will receive instruction on the fundamentals of major strokes and enhance their skills through repetition, ball-feeding drills and live-ball situations. The Wilson Collegiate Tennis camp at Kenyon College is not one to miss!
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE CAMP INCLUDE
- Video-taping and review for all campers
- Top flight teaching staff and facilities
- Comprehensive instructional program with daily teaching progressions
- Small instructional groups to ensure individual attention
- Social and recreational activities daily
- Camp demo program that includes all the latest Wilson rackets
No Notes at this time.
103 College Rd
Gambier, OH 43022
United States of America
SHARE THIS CAMP
Session I: July 23-27, 2017
- Overnight – $655 per week
- Commuter – $565 per week
- Full Day – $460 per week
Our traditional tennis camps (non match-play or college prep) are designed to focus on the fundamentals and swing techniques of the modern tennis strokes. Some of the areas of focus for each level include:
- Beginners: The beginning level player will be introduced to the basics of the game. Emphasis will be placed on stroke production and the technical aspects of the swing in an effort to teach these young players sound fundamentals from the ground up.
- Intermediate: Intermediate level players will also focus on fundamental stroke production (to ensure proper technique), but will also be in put into game play situations to introduce these players to the competitive side of the game.
- Advanced: The more advanced players will work with stroke production in a competitive environment, but will also be introduced to the basic strategies of the game.
- High School / Tournament: Varsity high school and tournament players will focus on the strategic and competitive aspects of the game. Although there will be attention spent on the stroke fundamentals, more emphasis will be placed on point progression, court positioning, patterns and sequences, percentage plays and live ball drill work.
- Overnight Campers:
- - Sunday 1pm – Thursday 4pm
- Commuter Campers:
- - Sunday 1pm – 10pm
- - Monday – Wed 9am – 10pm
- - Thursday 9am – 4pm
- Full Day Campers:
- - Sunday 1pm – 5pm
- - Mon – Thurs 9am – 4pm
- 1. Overnight campers will receive all meals beginning Sunday with Dinner and ending Thursday with Lunch.
- 2. Commuter campers will receive Dinner Sunday as well as Lunch and Dinner Monday – Thursday.
- 3. Full Day campers will receive Lunch Monday-Thursday
- Overnight Campers: Sunday 1:00 pm at the camp dorm
- Commuter Campers: Sunday 1:30 pm at the camp dorm, Monday-Thursday – 9:00 am at the courts
- Full Day Campers: Sunday 1:30 pm at the camp dorm, Monday-Thursday – 9:00 am at the courts
- Overnight Campers: Check-out is 4:00 pm Thursday
- Commuter Campers: Daily Check out is 10:00 pm Sunday – Wednesday and 4pm Thursday
- Full Day Campers: Daily Check out is 7:45 pm on Sunday and 4:00 pm Monday – Wednesday and 4pm Thursday
Airport transportation is available upon request for those flying into camp. The closest airport(s) are the Port Columbus Airport (50 miles from campus) and the Akron Canton (CAK) Airport (87 miles from campus). To arrange for a pickup, please email the office prior to making flight ar-rangements. The best times for arrival are Sundays before noon and departures Thursday after 6:00 pm.
The balance for each week of camp is due the first day of the month of the camp session. That is, all June camps have a balance due date of June 1st and all July camps have a balance due date of July 1st. Your camp balance can be paid online HERE or a check can be mailed to Premier Sports Camps, 4885 Shackelford Ct. Columbus, OH 43220.
- Pay Balance
- Fill out Camp Waiver
- Print out and complete Medical Form
- Review Pertinent Information Email
- Review FAQ’s on this page
- Review Packing List
– Tennis Shoes
– Water Bottle
– Tennis Clothes
– Casual Clothes
– Bath Towel
– Shower Towel
– Sun Screen
– Bedding (check pert info email for bed size)
– Snack Food
– Spending Money (no $ is needed, but sometimes kids like to order pizza, t-shirts, vending etc.)
– Tennis Shoes
– Sun Screen
– Hat / Visor
– Water bottle
– Snack (if desired)
Per NCAA rules, our sports camps are open to all entrants. Enrollment is limited only by age, grade level, gender, and capacity restrictions as specified by each camp.
MEET YOUR COACHES
Assistant Tennis Coach
After a very successful collegiate career, Alvin Cheng collected a variety of experiences through multiple positions in the tennis coaching and administration world. He has now bundled those together to create ACT, an organization dedicated to providing instruction to boys, girls, men, and women who want to build on their interest and/or love for the game of tennis.
Alvin is currently the assistant coach for the Kenyon College men’s and women’s tennis teams. In his first season, he was part of a staff that sent two individuals from the Lords to the 2013 NCAA Division III National Championships, where each advanced to the Round of 8. That season, the Lords achieved a No. 1 overall national ranking and finished the year No. 2.
While the Lords and Ladies programs have a very storied history, Alvin touched two differ-ent collegiate programs. Before coming to Ohio, Alvin spent five years at Coker College (NCAA Division II) as the head men’s and women’s coach. There, both teams set new program records for wins in a season.
Alvin graduated from Eastern Kentucky University (NCAA Division I) in 2003. There, he was a four-year letter-winner for the Colonels and was a two-time Team MVP and captain. Alvin also earned his master’s degree in physical education from EKU.
He has been a direct part in success at all three NCAA divisional levels and also has experi-ence as a club professional. Before joining the staff at Kenyon, Alvin was hired at the New Alba-ny Tennis Center in Ohio as a staff professional where he taught lessons, planned out practice programs, and helped high school athletes prepare for the transition to the collegiate level. He has also earned membership to the U.S. Tennis Association, Intercollegiate Tennis Association, and is a certified professional on the Pro Tennis Registry.
The coaching staff of the Wilson Collegiate Tennis Camp at the Kenyon College camp is one of the strongest and most well respected. Consisting of top collegiate coaches and players, the staff is handpicked for their ability to teach and relate to young players in a friendly, thorough and responsible manner.
The following schedules are sample schedules of our camps. These are provided to give a rough idea of how each camp is programmed throughout the day.
On Court grading/Competition
Shower and Dinner
MONDAY – THURSDAY
On Court (Video/Competition)
Shower and Dinner