Overnight Camp with Commuter and Full Day Options
During the camp at Kenyon College, campers will be given the opportunity to compete in both a team and individual environment in singles and doubles match play. All campers will receive instruction on the fundamentals of major strokes and enhance their skills through repetition, ball-feeding drills and live-ball situations. The Wilson Collegiate Tennis camp at Kenyon College is not one to miss!
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE CAMP INCLUDE
- Video-taping and review for all campers
- Top flight teaching staff and facilities
- Comprehensive instructional program with daily teaching progressions
- Small instructional groups to ensure individual attention
- Social and recreational activities daily
- Camp demo program that includes all the latest Wilson rackets
No Notes at this time.
103 College Rd
Gambier, OH 43022
United States of America
SHARE THIS CAMP
Session I: July 22-26, 2018
- Overnight – $655 per week
- Commuter – $565 per week
- Full Day – $460 per week
Our traditional tennis camps (non match-play or college prep) are designed to focus on the fundamentals and swing techniques of the modern tennis strokes. Some of the areas of focus for each level include:
– Beginners: The beginning level player will be introduced to the basics of the game. Emphasis will be placed on stroke production and the technical aspects of the swing in an effort to teach these young players sound fundamentals from the ground up.
– Intermediate: Intermediate level players will also focus on fundamental stroke production (to ensure proper technique), but will also be in put into game play situations to introduce these players to the competitive side of the game.
– Advanced: The more advanced players will work with stroke production in a competitive environment, but will also be introduced to the basic strategies of the game.
– High School / Tournament: Varsity high school and tournament players will focus on the strategic and competitive aspects of the game. Although there will be attention spent on the stroke fundamentals, more emphasis will be placed on point progression, court positioning, patterns and sequences, percentage plays and live ball drill work.
- Overnight Campers:
- – Sunday 1pm – Thursday 4pm
- Commuter Campers:
- – Sunday 1pm – 10pm
- – Monday – Wed 9am – 10pm
- – Thursday 9am – 4pm
- Full Day Campers:
- – Sunday 1pm – 5pm
- – Mon – Thurs 9am – 4pm
- Overnight campers will receive all meals beginning Sunday with Dinner and ending Thursday with Lunch.
- Commuter campers will receive Dinner Sunday as well as Lunch and Dinner Monday – Thursday.
- Full Day campers will receive Lunch Monday-Thursday
- Overnight Campers: Sunday 1:00 pm at the camp dorm
- Commuter Campers: Sunday 1:30 pm at the camp dorm, Monday-Thursday – 9:00 am at the courts
- Full Day Campers: Sunday 1:30 pm at the camp dorm, Monday-Thursday – 9:00 am at the courts
- Overnight Campers: Check-out is 4:00 pm Thursday
- Commuter Campers: Daily Check out is 10:00 pm Sunday – Wednesday and 4pm Thursday
- Full Day Campers: Daily Check out is 7:45 pm on Sunday and 4:00 pm Monday – Wednesday and 4pm Thursday
Airport transportation is available upon request for those flying into camp. The closest airport(s) are the Port Columbus Airport (50 miles from campus) and the Akron Canton (CAK) Airport (87 miles from campus). To arrange for a pickup, please email the office prior to making flight ar-rangements. The best times for arrival are Sundays before noon and departures Thursday after 6:00 pm.
The balance for each week of camp is due the first day of the month of the camp session. That is, all June camps have a balance due date of June 1st and all July camps have a balance due date of July 1st. Your camp balance can be paid online HERE or a check can be mailed to Premier Sports Camps, 4885 Shackelford Ct. Columbus, OH 43220.
– Pay Balance
– Fill out Camp Waiver
– Print out and complete Medical Form
– Review Pertinent Information Email
– Review FAQ’s on this page
– Review Packing List
– Tennis Shoes
– Water Bottle
– Tennis Clothes
– Casual Clothes
– Bath Towel
– Shower Towel
– Sun Screen
– Bedding (check pert info email for bed size)
– Snack Food
– Spending Money (no $ is needed, but sometimes kids like to order pizza, t-shirts, vending etc.)
– Tennis Shoes
– Sun Screen
– Hat / Visor
– Water bottle
– Snack (if desired)
Per NCAA rules, our sports camps are open to all entrants. Enrollment is limited only by age, grade level, gender, and capacity restrictions as specified by each camp.
MEET YOUR COACHES
Assistant Tennis Coach
AJ Nelson is no stranger to the Wilson Collegiate Tennis Camps, as he has spent the previous three summers as Assistant Director at our College of Wooster camp.
Coach Nelson is the Assistant Women’s Tennis Coach at Columbia University. This season he helped lead the Lions to a 12-8 overall record as well as a 4-3 standing in the Ivy League. Prior to his time at Columbia, Nelson spent 6 years as a teaching professional and director of junior tennis at The Meadow Club in Southampton, NY. Nelson also spent time in Hamilton, NY as the Men and Women’s Assistant Coach at Colgate University. While with the Raiders, Nelson helped the men’s team post a 10-9 record, including big wins over Navy and Bucknell and the women’s team reached the quarterfinals of the Patriot League Tournament. Additionally, he has served on the women’s coaching staff at the University of North Carolina – Charlotte and as a tennis professional at the Peninsula Club in Cornelius, NC.
Nelson played tennis collegiately for three years at the University of Richmond and the one year at the University of Rhode Island.
The coaching staff of the Wilson Collegiate Tennis Camp at the Kenyon College camp is one of the strongest and most well respected. Consisting of top collegiate coaches and players, the staff is handpicked for their ability to teach and relate to young players in a friendly, thorough and responsible manner.
The following schedules are sample schedules of our camps. These are provided to give a rough idea of how each camp is programmed throughout the day.
On Court grading/Competition
Shower and Dinner
MONDAY – THURSDAY
On Court (Video/Competition)
Shower and Dinner