Day Camp with Full & Half Day Options
Each camper receives personal attention, advanced teaching techniques, intensive drill work and game / match play, all in a fun and competitive environment. We break the campers into small instructional groups of similar age and ability so each child is working in a group that is commensurate with their experience level. We tailor each program to the level of the players. Beginners would get a heavier dose of swing technique and fundamentals, while more advanced players would have more focus on strategy, point building and percentage tennis etc.
The camp is hosted at the beautiful tennis complex at Wolfe Park.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE CAMP INCLUDE
- Top flight teaching staff & facilities
- Small instructional groups to guarantee individual attention
- Social and Recreational activities daily
- T-Shirts and great Wilson prizes for all campers
- Camp demo program that includes all the latest Wilson rackets
No notes at this time.
1 College Ave,
Columbus, OH 43209
United States of America
- For the 2nd year in a row the Capital camp will be hosted at Wolfe Park in Bexley.
– Session I: June 17-21, 2019 SOLD OUT
- – Full Day – $445 per week
- – Half Day – $315 per week
Our traditional tennis camps (non match-play or college prep) are designed to focus on the fundamentals and swing techniques of the modern tennis strokes. Some of the areas of focus for each level include:
– Beginners: The beginning level player will be introduced to the basics of the game. Emphasis will be placed on stroke production and the technical aspects of the swing in an effort to teach these young players sound fundamentals from the ground up.
– Intermediate: Intermediate level players will also focus on fundamental stroke production (to ensure proper technique), but will also be in put into game play situations to introduce these players to the competitive side of the game.
– Advanced: The more advanced players will work with stroke production in a competitive environment, but will also be introduced to the basic strategies of the game.
– High School / Tournament: Varsity high school and tournament players will focus on the strategic and competitive aspects of the game. Although there will be attention spent on the stroke fundamentals, more emphasis will be placed on point progression, court positioning, patterns and sequences, percentage plays and live ball drill work.
Full Day Option:
- – 9am – 3:30 pm
Half Day Option:
- – 9am – Noon
- Lunch is provided daily
- Check-in for all campers is between 8:45am-9am each morning at the tennis courts.
- Full day campers will check out each day at 4pm. Half day campers will check out at 12pm daily.
The balance for each week of camp is due the first day of the month of the camp session. That is, all June camps have a balance due date of June 1st and all July camps have a balance due date of July 1st. Your camp balance can be paid online HERE or a check can be mailed to Premier Sports Camps, 4885 Shackelford Ct. Columbus, OH 43220.
– Pay Balance
– Fill out Camp Waiver
– Print out and complete Medical Form
– Review Pertinent Information Email
– Review FAQ’s on this page
– Review Packing List
– Tennis Shoes
– Sun Screen
– Hat / Visor
– Water bottle
– Snack (if desired)
Per NCAA rules, our sports camps are open to all entrants. Enrollment is limited only by age, grade level, gender, and capacity restrictions as specified by each camp.
MEET YOUR COACHES
Long time college coach Marc Wurtzman heads the Capital University camp. Coach Wurtzman was previously the head coach at Capital University and had extremely successful coaching stops at Ohio State University, University of Wisconsin, and Kenyon College.
Wurtzman is a 1998 graduate from The Ohio State University, where he was a four-year letterman for the Buckeyes. Upon graduation, he ranked inside the top-20 in career singles wins (68) and currently ranks 27th on that list. As a senior, Wurtzman was named team captain and was OSU’s top-flight singles player.
Following his graduation, he spent one year playing professionally. His most notable win while on tour was against Fernando Gonzales, previously a top-10 player in the world.
The coaching staff of the Wilson Collegiate Tennis Camp is hand selected by the camp director and features a mix of college coaches and top college players. Is staff member is selected for their ability to teach and relate to young players in a friendly, thorough and responsible manner. Safety and fun, as well as strong communication skills and teaching ability are prioritized.
The following schedules are sample schedules of our camps. These are provided to give a rough idea of how each camp is programmed throughout the day.
DAILY SCHEDULE: (TENTATIVE)
8:45 a.m – 9:00 a.m
Camp Check In
9:00 a.m – 9:15 a.m
Introduce Camp staff and go over rules, sportsmanship, etiquette and safety
9:15 a.m – 11:00 a.m
Morning tennis instruction/ drills
11:00 a.m – 11:15 a.m
Break – tennis talk
11:15 a.m – 12:00 p.m
Tennis instruction/ drills – ll
12:00 p.m – 01:00 p.m
Half day campers check-out/ Lunch break for Full Day, rest, recreational activities
01:00 p.m – 02:30 p.m
Match Play/ Skills testing and Competition sessions
02:30 p.m – 03:45 p.m
Review, Olympics, Games
Pick up for full day campers