You have set up your call with the coach and are looking forward to getting to know more about the tennis program and the school itself. It is vitally important that you prepare for the contact with the coach. He/She will tell you a lot about how the team is setup and some of the benefits of the school and its education. However, in order to impress the coach and show that you are interested, having a few key questions is important. Some sample questions might included:
- What is the level of competition like in the conference where the college is located?
- How much playing time can I expect as a freshman?
- What is the team’s track record and what are their goals for the upcoming season?
- What kind of support is available for student-athletes, both academically and athletically?
- Can I meet with the coaching staff and current team members to learn more about the program?
- Are there any academic scholarships available for student-athletes?
- What is the college’s policy on redshirting, and how does it impact tennis players?
- What is the campus and surrounding community like, and will it be a good fit for me?
Asking these questions can help you get a better understanding of the college tennis program and decide if it is the right fit for you